Senior Data Analyst
Contract Length: 3 months
Interview Process: MS Teams
Pay rate: CompetitveJob Description
You will carry out data modelling analysis, as part of a workforce planning project to explore the impact of new medical schools on the UK's future medical workforce.
You will utilise historical data through a collaborative research database using predictive modelling techniques to forecast the additional numbers of doctors entering the workforce as a result of the opening of new medical schools across the UK.
The aim is to highlight the paths of doctors through school, university and their careers. This creates a unique environment in which new research can be undertaken in a broad range of areas to inform the development of medical education and assessment.Required Skills And Experience
- Excellent analytical skills evidenced by a relevant qualification and/or significant experience using these skills in a pressurised professional environment.
- Experience of analytical software or tools, coupled with the ability to use MS office for analysis, presentations, and report writing purposes.
- Experience of specific analytical software such as advanced excel, SQL, SPSS, R, Stata and/or data visualisation software such as Power BI or Tableau is essential. Or a proven ability to learn complex software packages.
- The ability to design and deliver information products (from basic data tables to sophisticated visualisations) that fully consider the both the specified requirements and user experience of the customer.
- The ability to accurately present often complex data and analysis in a way which is clear, concise, and accessible to non-specialists.
- The ability to critique the work of colleagues and provide constructive feedback.
- The ability to quickly establish credibility and interact effectively with internal colleagues and those external to the organisation at all levels to develop constructive and collaborative relationships and deliver excellent customer service.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities, at times including competing demands from senior management, and to make sound judgements and identify the appropriate techniques to use to solve novel problems, often with significant time pressure.
- To demonstrate excellent customer service ensuring the needs of internal and external customers are met and our services and contact with customers are delivered positively.
Senior Data Analyst / Public Sector / Contract