Senior Data Engineer
USA - IL - Bannockburn
About The Role
The Senior Data Engineer plays an important role in designing and developing the Data Foundation enabling Plasma Derived Therapies (PDT) strategic initiatives driving exponential growth and improved donor/patient experience. Join Takeda as a Senior Data Engineer where you will Collaborate with multiple business functions to understand data and analytics requirements. Leads strategic data decisions, data lake design, and automating data models.to optimize PDT data architecture and support the next generation of products and data initiatives. You will also provide technical direction for the development, engineering, integration and testing of the data pipeline and framework supporting data volume, velocity, and variety required for analytics use cases including marketing impressions, machine learning models, real-time donor center operations, and self-service BI, etc. You will report to Head of Experience Design Plasma-Derived Therapies (PDT) IT.How You Will Contribute
- Designs, develops, and improves the architecture framework to collect, process, store and visualize data.
- Creates and maintains optimal data ingestion and streaming architecture using DMS, Databricks, Kafka, Python, AWS (Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, etc.), IICS, etc.
- Develop and deploys application code using Takeda standard DevSecOps approach and evolves the existing data foundation into an innovative platform. Identifies, designs, and implements DataOps process improvements to optimize data delivery and system scalability ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of data for analytics and operational use.
- Manages the Analytics DataSecOps framework that includes code deployment using CI/CD, and AWS infrastructure as code, data monitoring and reconciliation supporting a wide variety of data sources using AWS native technologies.
- Builds data solutions to enable data democratization and various data workloads including self-service and advanced analytics.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to assist with technical issues and restores service quickly for business users. Works with security and data privacy office to ensure data are secured and protected meeting local regulations and guidelines.
- Refines preliminary design of new/changed functionality and performs low level functional analysis developing Use Cases, Information Models, Data Flows, Sequence Diagrams, etc.
- Collaborates with data scientists, business SMEs, and data analysts to expand and optimize the data and data pipeline architecture supporting multi-functions (R&D, Operations, Marketing, etc.) within PDT.
- Builds and evolves processes supporting digital transformation, meta data management, and data structures.
- Participates in design reviews with development teams ensuring all relevant best practices, controls and operational processes are built into delivered designs.
- Interacts with Enterprise Architecture, PDT Engineering, Cloud CoE,, Enterprise Data, DevSecOps, network, security, and infrastructure teams ensuring solutions are properly aligned, executed, and deployed meeting business SLAs and DR expectations with minimum service interruption.
- In conjunction with development teams, rigorously tests features and implementation in product releases to ensure flawless functionality and performance.
What Takeda Can Offer You
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Data role.
- Experience with software development process and building data pipeline and data models (e.g., star, snowflake schema), data wrangler, data delivery, and data values.
- Must have experience in modern data stack including advanced SQL, Python, Databricks, ETL/ELT, Informatica/IICS, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines and architecture. Familiarity with distributed computing, elastic cloud services, and system scaling methodology in a high-volume data setting.
- Experience with various data tools, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, relational SQL, NoSQL databases including Progres, Graph database such as Neptune and Neo4j.
- Experience with AWS technologies such as EC2 clusters, RDS, DMS, Lamda Step-Functions, etc., stream-processing systems such as Spark.
- Experience deploying ML model is a plus.
- A broad familiarity and understanding of overall IT landscape and including but not limited to web, mobile, front office, middleware, back-office systems, agile methodology, JIRA process, CI/CD, and release management.
- Self-directed and able to support the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Intense creativity with a passion to innovate and the drive to re-imagine new processes, capabilities, and user experience.
More About Us
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as hybrid in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Bannockburn, ILWorker Type
Full time R0077876