Hungry for a challenge?
That’s good, because at Just Eat Takeaway.com (JET) we believe everything is possible, or, as we say, everything is on the table. We are a leading global online food delivery marketplace. Our tech ecosystem connects millions of active customers with hundreds of thousands of connected partners in countries across the globe.
Our mission? To empower every food moment around the world, whether it’s through customer service, coding or couriers.
About This Role
The Experimentation Enablement team at JET is a central team within the Data Science & Measurement area. We support the business by designing experiments, processing vast amounts of experiment data, and analysing and interpreting the results. Our goal is to scale up by integrating our experimentation analysis tooling into a state-of-the-art experimentation platform, expanding experimentation throughout the organisation, and leveraging new ML-based approaches. Automation and making experimentation fully self-served is a key part of this, and this is where you come in.
As a Sr. Data Engineer in Experimentation Enablement, you will collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and analysts, and be part of a broader engineering community.
Key Expectations Of This Role Include
- Designing, developing and maintaining reliable and scalable data engineering solutions in GCP
- Working collaboratively, prioritising teamwork and stakeholder value
- Advocating for resolving technical debt and building future-proof solutions
- Spreading engineering skills and best practices
- Work cross functionally with ML platforms or Infrastructure to resolve issues and standardise practices
- Building relationships in, and helping establish our team as a strong member of the engineering community
Your Responsibilities Will Be Across The Following Areas
Additionally, in this role, you will work on a diverse set of challenges that require creativity and engineering craftsmanship to deliver tailored solutions.
- (Data infrastructure) Setting up and maintaining robust infrastructure, CI/CD processes and monitoring solutions for the experimentation platform
- (Data pipelines) Integrating our experimentation platform with new data sources and developing data flows in Vertex AI processing and transforming terabytes of data
- (Backend engineering) Developing the experimentation platform with efficient reporting solutions and cloud APIs to deliver experiment results to our stakeholders
- (Data tools) Engineering a metrics library solution in the data warehouse that would enable stakeholders self-serving experimentation metrics
- (Productionize data science) Working with data scientists in the team to implement new methodological improvements to our statistical experimentation engine in a future-proof and scalable way
What will you bring to the table?
Here is what we need from our Senior Data Engineer :
- 4+ years of data, ML or software engineering experience, in cloud-based and preferably data-centric projects.
- Proficiency in Python for engineering applications as evidenced by earlier work in data/ML/software engineering.
- Demonstrable experience with setting up, deploying and managing cloud infrastructure using infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Strong experience of applying engineering best practices across the product development lifecycle, including automated testing, CI/CD, build processes and code reviews
- Comfortable working with different technologies across the software and data engineering stack for data pipelines (e.g. Airflow, Vertex AI), containerization (Kubernetes, Docker), automation (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Google Cloudbuild) and monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana).
- Solid experience in cloud data storage (e.g. Redshift/GBQ, GCS/S3)
- Demonstrable experience of producing high-quality engineering solutions free of technical debt, with passion to maintain high standards of code, documentation, system design, and production systems
Recipe For Success
- Being an excellent team player, able to work collaboratively, communicate clearly, give and receive feedback
- Ability to confidently write elegant, consistent and maintainable source code with minimal supervision
- Strong experience of setting up and managing infrastructure in the Google cloud environment
- A caring attitude towards the personal and professional development of the wider team and enthusiasm for nurturing a collaborative and dynamic culture.
- Solid experience of Google Big Query
- Having a working understanding of experimentation methodologies (e.g. statistical evaluation of A/B tests)
At JET, this is on the menu
Our teams forge connections internally and work with some of the best-known brands on the planet, giving us truly international impact in a dynamic environment.
Fun, fast-paced and supportive, the JET culture is about movement, growth and about celebrating every aspect of our JETers. Thanks to them we stay one step ahead of the competition.
Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, or where you are from, you can find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture, encouraging diversity of people and thinking, in which all employees feel they truly belong and can bring their most colourful selves to work every day.
What else is cooking?
Want to know more about our JETers, culture or company? Have a look at our careers site where you can find people stories, blogs, podcasts and more JET morsels.
Are you ready to take your seat? Apply now!