Building DB's in platforms such as Snowflake, Dynamics, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle and Sybase Apache Kafka, Cloud technologies
I'm currently recruiting for this Data Engineering position, as part of a global Green Field programme.
I am seeking someone with proven skills in building DB's in platforms such as Snowflake, Dynamics, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle and Sybase, as well as using Kafka and Cloud technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading business which is in a transformative state with regards to its use of data, CRM and digital infrastructure! In this role you will have huge opportunity to influence strategies and be recognised for your contribution, as well as face to to business leadership/ senior level stakeholders, all over the world to better understand their use of data and how engineering can impact the business bottom line!
- Design, build, implement and maintain Data Migration processes
- Design, build, implement and maintain Data Integration and ETL/ELT pipelines
- Design, build, implement and maintain databases (Snowflake, Dynamics, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle, Sybase)
- Design, build and maintain solutions incorporating the company’s Data Lake
- Provide Business Level through to Technical Level analytical expertise for data-related aspects of IT projects
- Design, build, implement and support programs and applications for database management, data management and user interaction with various data sources
- Design and document the architectural components needed to transform raw transactional data in to a consistent and coherent dataset suitable for BI use. Ensure guidelines exist for integration, cleansing and data modelling including data warehouse structures (aggregation, federation, virtualisation)
- Understand the data components needed to meet business requirements including currency, quality, granularity, velocity and structure
- Extensive experience designing, building and maintaining Data Migration and Integration solutions using a recognised Business Integration tool, including the use of a programming language within a tool
- Experience designing, building and maintaining databases, including procedural programming and SQL scripting on a major RDBMS
- Experience working with one of the major cloud platforms (Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure / Google Cloud)
- Experience working with event-based and streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka
- Experience working within the Scrum agile framework.
- Sybase ASA on Windows including replication, procedural programming and general SQL scripting
- Experience in AWS data pipeline services
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 5 or above
- Experience in Oracle 11g on Windows and Unix/Linux
- Experience designing and building Data Lakes
- Experience of working with NoSQL databases, e.g. MongoDB
- AWS Certified Developer (Associate) and/or AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) certifications
- Certified Data Vault 2.0 Practitioner (CDVP2TM)
Reporting to the Data Engineering Manager as part of the global Technology & Transformation Department, the holder of this position will be responsible for providing expertise across a broad range of data systems operating in the Groups IT infrastructure. Some international travel may be required.
Please apply and get in touch ASAP to hear more!
Building DB's in platforms such as Snowflake, Dynamics, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle and SybaseApache Kafka, Cloud technologies