*Please note, the official job title is Data Engineer I*JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
The Data Engineer Jr will help develop and support the overall enterprise analytics initiative with a primary focus integrating data of current utility systems or record (data lake creation) such as smart grid technologies, distributed energy resources (DERs) and customer channel information as they become available.
The Data Engineer Jr will understand the strengths and limitations of various data storing, data transformation and data distribution mechanisms and help identify the appropriate data sources, manipulation tools and techniques (including data enrichment/automation) for a particular analytics use case as a function of data quality (including availability) and work collaboratively with data scientists and business units to help solve their analytical needs.
The Data Engineer Jr will also assist with the over-arching enterprise goal to create various layers of data accessibility with a specific focus on an agile, secure and reliable data collection and distribution strategy that is driven by business unit needs, analytical solution requirements and human capital considerations.
Analysis performed by the position will be shared within Entergy to support the various initiatives underway that have an analytical need which will ultimately impact Entergy’s generation assets, load resources, customer view, and product and services offered to the customer.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Minimum experience required of the position
- Develop, manage and deploy best in practice data collection, data governance, storage and manipulation techniques (extract, transform and load) that ultimately enable business units to unlock additional value from company-held data.
- Work with the data scientists to acquire, manipulate and cleanse data required for advanced analytics use cases.
- Work with data analysts throughout various business units to produce data products to support business intelligence initiatives.
- Act as an expert on one data domain controlled by the Enterprise Data & Analytics group.
- Be a champion for Entergy’s Analytics efforts both inside and outside of the organization, promoting collaboration and communication through business unit driven use cases whilst building the Entergy brand in the analytics space.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum education required of the position
- B.S. Degree in a data-centric field (Economics, Computer Science, or other science field), Information Systems, Information Processing or engineering.
0 to 3 years of experience in data validation or complex data intensive analysis that utilizes (big) data manipulation and processing techniques (SQL, MySQL, Hadoop, Spark etc) to ensure (connected) datasets are of high quality and therefore fit for analysis/reporting purposes.Preferred:
Experience working in big data environmentsPreferred
: 1+ years’ experience working in the electric and/or gas utility sectorPreferred
: 1+ year developing with Informatica, SSIS, or other ETL toolPreferred
: Programming experience in analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, PythonMinimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Background in developing and utilizing tools that prepare, extract and manipulate (big) data to create connected datasets that can be utilized for analytics purposes.Communicator both at technical and strategic levelsExperience discussing complex and new topics in a simple, easy-to-understand wayDemonstrated teamwork skillsDemonstrated writing and presentation skills#LI-CM1Primary Location:
: ProfessionalFLSA Status
: ProfessionalRelocation Option:
Level IIUnion description/code
: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBUNumber of Openings
: 1Req ID:
:Up to 25%