- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning/business planning or advanced degree.
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
- Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools (familiarity with Tableau and Quicksight preferred).
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
The Amazon Devices Reverse Logistics (RL) team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to design and run world class Global Supply Chain business intelligence services. We are responsible for measuring the health and integration of the entire Devices Reverse Logistics Supply Chain.
The team is responsible for providing actionable performance metrics in a format that is easy to digest at the highest levels in the organization. These business metrics highlight areas of risk and opportunity, performance outliers, and assist in making well-informed, data-based business decisions. Using this information, we will help business leaders develop a strategy on what company-wide investments to make and the level of their importance.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working in one of the world's largest data warehouse environments. Working in RL, you will help build one of the largest cross-functional databases in Amazon as well as work on Business Intelligence reporting and dashboarding solutions that are used by thousands of users worldwide.
You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. An ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions.
You should have expertise in designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in a fast paced environment understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions.
Above all, you should bring your passion for working with huge data sets and bringing datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- Experience in writing and tuning SQL scripts.
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments.
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making.