What are we building?
Hard Rock Digital is a team focused on becoming the best online sportsbook, casino, and social casino company in the world. We’re building a team that resonates passion for learning, operating and building new products and technologies for millions of consumers. We care about each customer's interaction, experience, behavior, and insight and strive to ensure we’re always acting authentically.
Rooted in the kindred spirits of Hard Rock and the Seminole Tribe of Florida, the new Hard Rock Digital taps a brand known the world over as the leader in gaming, entertainment, and hospitality. We’re taking that foundation of success and bringing it to the digital space — ready to join us?
What’s the position?
We are looking for a data scientist to join our quickly growing product and technology team. As a data scientist, you will be a technical leader helping to imbed intelligence into our products. The role requires an individual that’s technically talented, able to train, operationalize, monitor, and optimize a wide variety of models in many contexts, and is passionate about sports. Because we operate with a startup mindset, we will be reliant on your skills as a data scientist, but also your passion and ownership over all aspects of your work.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a data scientist who is willing to tackle problems with innovative ideas and quality technical implementations. We believe the perfect candidate isn’t interested in just what we’re building right now, but wants to understand where we’re going and how it impacts the customer to ensure everything we create moves us closer to our goal: delivering the best customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field or equivalent work experience (5+ years)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Extensive experience with Python (NumPy, SciPy, PANDAS, sklearn, seaborn) and deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyCharm, MXNet)
- Experience performing data science tasks in AWS Cloud (SageMaker, SagemakerStudio, s3)
- Strong SQL skills and integrated ETL / ML development (Databricks / Snowflake a plus)
- Working knowledge of the following ML algorithms, processes and techniques:
- Supervised learning for classification and prediction (xgboost, random forests, logistic regression, linear regression, KNNs, naive Bayes, SVMs)
- Unsupervised learning and dimensionality reduction (kMeans clustering, PCA, LDA, various embedding techniques, LASSO)
- Variable importance measures
- Data normalization (min-max, z-score)
- Model comparison, error measurement
- Model deployment pipelines, monitoring, versioning, A/B testing and reporting
What’s in it for you?
We offer our employees more than just competitive compensation. Our team benefits include:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Flexible vacation allowance
- Flexible work from home or office hours
- Startup culture backed by a secure, global brand
- Opportunity to build products enjoyed by millions as part of a passionate team
Roster of Uniques
We care deeply about every interaction our customers have with us and trust and empower our staff to own and drive their experience. Our vision for our business and customers is built on fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where regardless of background or beliefs you feel able to be authentic and bring all your talent into play. We want to celebrate you being you (we are an equal opportunities employer).