- 3+ years working experience as a Data Scientist or related positions.
- 3+ years of experience using a scripting language such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
- Proficient with data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Scala), statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, Matlab)
- Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing to technical peers and leadership teams with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and data-driven recommendations.
- Experience creating visualizations to drive data insight
Data Scientist, Network Automation and Cost is an exciting new role in the Network Availability Engineering team. You will work with software engineers, development managers, finance and senior leaders to provide insight into the cost of operating our services as we work to reduce customer impact and eliminate manual work processes.
Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for our global businesses and our customers. Network Availability Engineering is a global engineering and science organization within Network Services. Our goal is to give Amazon’s network engineers the tools they need to provide customers with an experience that is indistinguishable from perfect.
In 2022, we're taking a goal to significantly reduce the cost of running our services while further expanding the tooling we provide to network operators. We need your help to deliver insight into cost across the org and develop cost models that highlight opportunities while we continue to work to better serve our customers.
The Data Scientist for this goal will be responsible for delivering insight into the costs of our services across the org, helping managers model future costs and surfacing cost opportunities. You’ll communicate with leadership frequently, leverage visualizations to help business leaders understand our costs and surface insight to drive strategic decisions.
Key job responsibilities
Great candidates will have a track record of driving their own work and delivering results. Crisp, informative, and effective written and verbal communication skills are a key requirement. You will be able to communicate the output of your analysis to technical and non-technical stakeholders at a range of levels.
Key job responsibilities
- Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Delivering insight verbally and through thoughtful, focussed data visualizations.
- Tracking costs across the org and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science, or a related quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- Very strong business acumen and product sense
- Experience working directly with engineers and with management at various levels.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884
(tel: +448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel: +3531800851489).