The Data Engineer role spans a broad range of experience. Data Engineers are responsible for ingestion, transformation and integration of data to provide a platform that supports research, data analysis, data enrichment and data science as well as making data operationally available at scale to consuming products and services. This includes a particular focus on the reliability, efficiency and quality of data assets and processing/integration pipelines.
Working with and utilizing standardized tools, technologies and processes Data Engineers design, build and manage the data architecture that enables scalable production of data insight and they work very closely with Data Science to build and operationalize the algorithms that identify insights, predict behavior and prescribe action. This intelligence fuels the development of Decision-Driven Experiences for our customers.
Blackbaud Data Engineers understand how to leverage data for business value and social good, and our Data Engineering team develops, cultivates and curates our industry-leading platform of integrated data assets.What You'll Be Doing
What We'll Want You To Have
- Develop production level code. Own process features from design to implementation.
- Assemble large, complex data sets for use in R&D, data science, machine learning, or projection to operational stores.
- Build the infrastructure that provides efficient and scalable ETL/ELT and integration of data from multiple proprietary and 3rd party sources.
- Code, test and deploy data pipelines in support of various initiatives.
- Ensure quality of code, processes, and data assets.
- Work on complex tasks and/or broad programs that are large and diverse in scope and/or critical in nature. Exercises good judgment in determining technical approach.
- 3+ years of ETL/ELT development, implementation, and support
- Understanding or knowledge of data integration concepts
- 3+ years of demonstrated success developing with Core Programming Languages – SQL, Python
- Understanding or knowledge of Azure cloud services – Azure Data Catalog, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure BLOB Store
- Understanding or knowledge of AWS cloud services – S3, EC2, Data Pipelines
- 3+ years utilizing and developing SQL for relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Understanding or knowledge of Linux/Unix commands, scripting (bash) and file management
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A notice to candidates: Recruitment Fraudulent Alert: Your personal information and online safety as a candidate mean a lot to us! At Blackbaud and our portfolio of companies, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official careers page at https://careers.blackbaud.com/us/en or our official LinkedIn page. Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers, or conduct interviews via Skype. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not a representative of Blackbaud. If you are unsure if a message is from Blackbaud, please email email@example.com.
The starting base pay is $117,200.00 to $157,500.00. Blackbaud may pay more or less based on employee qualifications, market value, Company finances, and other operational considerations.Benefits Include
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-first workforce
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Generous Parental Leave
- Volunteer for vacation
- Opportunities to connect to build community and belonging
- Pet insurance, legal and identity protection
- Tuition reimbursement program