We are seeking a Senior Oncology Data Scientist to join our Business Intelligence team. This is a remote role, based in the U.S.Position Summary
Responsible for leading cross-functional analytics initiatives, including opportunities for advanced analytics and ML models that support The US Oncology Network strategic objectives including value-based care performance, Network growth initiatives, quality metric reporting and other Network-related priorities.
The person in this role will use oncology data and clinical expertise to create, test and launch actionable initiatives for oncology practices to implement in a value-based care environment, including advanced analytics. This individual will have excellent project management and communication skills, with the ability to independently lead projects which involve multiple stakeholders, including clinical practice staff.Key Responsibilities:
Clinical Program Management
- Leads and executes clinical strategic analytics programs, including predictive modeling and/or ML opportunities to drive patient outcomes, practice performance, and practice program implementation for Network initiatives. Partner with cross-functional Network departments to identify appropriate resources to deliver on these strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional analytics and business stakeholder teams, applying rigorous, advanced analytics approaches to critical business problems.
- Perform analytics in areas of patient and financial outcomes, strategic analysis, care model implementation/optimization.
- Leads quantification and communication of practice strategic initiatives and performance indicators, efforts and trends for new and existing business.
- Serve as clinical and data mentor for development of Business Intelligence capabilities supporting patient care and practice success.
Business/Clinical Intelligence Development and Strategic Planning Analytics
- Develops and directs data-driven reporting and solutions to ensure practices optimize their performance on VBC contracts.
- Identifies, quantifies, monitors and influences practice initiatives. Performs and manages development of clinical ML opportunities for impact on patient outcomes and quality improvement.
- Independently analyze complex datasets from different angles, experimenting, exploring implications and testing theories for use by practices. Gauge ROI of implementing programmatic change across multiple practices.
- Performs analytics and reporting for total-cost of care and risk-based arrangements with payers.
- Leads analytics for the exploration of practice implementation of key strategic initiatives.
- Presents analytical findings to management for development and implementation of key strategic initiatives, impact on practice performance, etc.
- Participates in due diligence for advanced analytics programs and workstreams to evaluate impact of practice programs.
- Understand the oncology market, clinical dynamics and implications, including treatment and economic trends and threats.
- Analyze impact of current and future oncology treatment trends for evaluation of existing and future practice strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with systems analysts, developers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyzes problem areas, recommends system improvements and conversion procedures as needed.
- Proactively and independently learns and utilizes new technology, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements. Maintains current knowledge of industry technology trends.
- Mentors and supports members of the business intelligence development staff to grow data analytics and data science talent.
7+ years of progressively advanced healthcare data analysis/information system management experience, leading an organization, creating strategic plans, and operationalizing functional teams in direct relation to meeting business goals.Critical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Broad exposure and understanding of statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques and appropriate application of these capabilities in a healthcare delivery environment, specifically value-based care programs with complex reporting requirements preferred.
- Experience mining clinical data, including EHR analysis, data/statistical modeling, and data science required.
- Working knowledge of patient care and provider workflows and clinical activities of healthcare providers involved in caring for patients.
- Working knowledge of SQL, analytical tools (R, Python, Tableau, Hadoop, or related tools/ applications) and at least on one of the major database platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase or Postgres).
- Demonstrated ability to retool yourself and your team. This role will pivot to the latest, greatest technology, to be better and faster.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead and positively influence teams, contribute to developing talent, and lead by example.
- Oncology and value-based care experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and virtual collaboration tools.
Physical RequirementsWorking Conditions
- Advanced Clinical Degree required (MD, PharmD or PHD), or equivalent experience.
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position
- General office demands
- Ability to work in a remote environment
.McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.Join us at McKesson!