Data Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst
Fantastic opportunity for a Data Analyst / BI Analyst with experience in STEM/mathematics or analysing data as well as SQL/excel knowledge.
This role is supporting a globally renowned client and their defence customer within the Business Operations Office. This role will focus on supporting stakeholders including senior leadership in data management and discussing digital strategies that support important operations involving the A400M.
5 days onsite at Brize Norton - opportunity to obtain SC clearance while in the role.
- Designing and maintaining data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganising said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts
- Demonstrating the significance of their work in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organisational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary
- Dealing with difficult complex and high volume of data
- Taking the initiative to suggest process improvements to established way of working in order to gain further efficiencies and share best practice
- Ownership of the end-to-end KPIs process, ensuring accurate data is loaded and reports are produced to deadline and providing high performing dashboards
- Writing and defining user guides/procedures
Suitable candidates will be able to offer demonstrable years of experience mining data as a data analyst with strong SQL, Excel and/or Google Sheets skills, with aptitude for learning other analytics tools.
- Good knowledge about Google Forms
- Ideally strong knowledge of data visualization software such as Qlik or PowerBI
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Experience of analysing large data sets
- Highly numerate, analytically strong and a great eye for detail
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical personnel
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate fluently in English