Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Who we are
Doodle is the world's favorite online scheduling tool with more than 30 million monthly users around the globe. We are a fast-growing team of 70 ambitious engineers, designers, product managers, marketeers and sales people on a mission to make great meetings happen. We are spread out in Atlanta, New York, Belgrade, Berlin, and Zurich.
Data Engineer (f/m) 80-100%
What we're looking forWhat we're looking for
You'll be joining our newly formed Data team based in our Zurich office. You and your team will lay the foundation for our data infrastructure that helps Engineers and Product Managers to develop personalized Doodle experiences and further accelerate growth and collaborate with our data scientists to build the AI behind Doodle. We build a state of the art data pipeline using Kafka, real time stream processors, spark and various databases (Redshift, Athena and MongoDB).
What we'd like to offer you
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience crafting and implementing high-performance microservices serving millions of requests a day and stream-processing of large data sets (Kafka experience is a huge plus)
- Strong grasp of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL), large data sets, distributed systems, fundamentals of mathematics and statistical concepts
- Experience in building data pipelines, processing services and models in Python (airflow, scikit-learn or pandas know-how is a huge plus)
- Experience in at least one statically typed language. We use Java, Scala and Go
- Ideally knowledge/interest in Linux, Docker and container orchestration frameworks, such as Kubernetes
- A competitive salary
- A dynamic work environment with a culture that is open-minded and innovative
- Your personal growth is important to us - you will have a personal, yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Amazing international team events such as yearly retreats in the Alps or the Judean desert
- Awesome office locations in Berlin, USA, Zurich, Belgrade - yes, you get to travel to some of these locations too! You will have a yearly budget to do so, even if there is no direct business reason
- Unlimited drinks at the office (yes this includes your favourites!)
- Top-spec hardware: you choose your setup
- Be part of a professional and fast growing global team
- Contribute to a product that is already used by millions of users worldwide
- ...and more!
Doodle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We believe that a diverse team makes for better products and a better workplace. Our team comes from all over the world (representing 20 nationalities) and from diverse backgrounds.
We look forward to your applicationDenisa Fetahovic