Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
esure has a strong culture of data-driven decision making and as a Data Scientist you will support the adoption of new MarTech and be responsible for scaling out our A/B testing, attribution and campaign management capabilities to improve CRM and our customer journeys.
We have successfully built an outstanding environment for long-term ambitious research to thrive in and continue to help our business drive further value from data and build personalised experiences for esure customers.
What you'll do:
- Bring a ‘data science’ approach to our digital marketing teams by deploying machine learning into these areas and strengthen the data opportunities within this space
- Analyse customer & CRM activities, deliver actionable insights and recommendations to senior colleagues
- Work closely with our advertising partners, perform measurement analytics & ensure best practise integration and utilisation of tools like Braze & Segment
- Partner with the digital marketing team to define requirements & guide the implementation of impactful service & automation tools
- Deliver predictive analytics and work with Data Science on product prototyping of segmentations & next best action tools using Python
- Use our cloud-native infrastructure and your knowledge about experimentation, performance marketing, AdTech & CRM to improve platform capabilities for the effective delivery of campaigns across a growing number of channels
We'd love you to have:
- An experienced Data Scientist with a background in Marketing or working with Digital / Marketing teams
- You know what it takes to deliver top tier data science and demonstrate tangible commercial benefits improving service for our customers
- Experience of working in product roles and have conducted large scale A/B experiments
- Solid experience in visualisation approaches, presenting to non-technical audiences and leverage tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, DBT
- R/Python toolkits, preferably working with data pipelines
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Notebooks (or equivalent) and version control (eg. Git)
- Any experience with Spark/Databricks
- Any experience deploying ML at scale via APIs (eg. fastapi)
Why choose us?
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey!
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.