Then this is the place for you!
- Do you want to work at an agency where each day reveals new opportunities to work on some of the biggest issues facing consumers and businesses and have opportunities to pursue new and exciting pathways?
- Do you want to work at a place where smart and dedicated people from all walks of life collaborate to work on meaningful matters?
- Do you want to contribute to the AER’s purpose to make all energy consumers better off by undertaking analytical activities on a range of energy sector matters?
At the AER, we work to make energy consumers better off, now and in the future. We focus on ensuring a secure, reliable and affordable energy future for Australia as it transitions to net zero emissions. Our high performing culture is built on a foundation of care, support and inclusion. It’s why we’re driven by connection and collaboration, sharing our skills, knowledge and support with each other freely and frequently. It’s why we prioritise the wellbeing of our people and empower them to work autonomously, flexibly and courageously. We believe the best version of you is the one that’s true to who you are – and that’s the you we want working alongside us.
We value flexibility, this role can be performed at any of the AER offices located in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, or Sydney and are available on a full-time, part-time or job-share basis.Applicants from diverse backgrounds including First Nations peoples, people with disability and those from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
What you will do a s the Data Analyst
Data Analysts contribute to the AER’s purpose to make all energy consumers better off. You will be responsible for undertaking some of the foundation work of the AER, through analysing energy sector issues and drafting papers, recommendations, and reports.
You will perform some or all of the following duties:
Abou t you
- Identify, collect and analyse data and other material to inform specific activities in the energy sector.
- Form insights and identify trends from data, and present findings to the AER Board, Senior Managers and other staff.
- Assist in the development of new and innovative metrics to ensure analysis meets requirements of the changing energy market.
- Draft written material on energy sector matters, for example: proposals, correspondence, briefings, guidelines, presentations, speeches, reports and submissions.
- Review, investigate and develop solutions to operational problems and issues.
In order to succeed in the role, you will have:
- well-developed understanding, or ability to quickly acquire this understanding, of Australian energy sector and the role, purpose and objectives of the AER.
- an ability to research, investigate and analyse complex issues, to identify industry trends; and experience in collecting and analysing complex quantitative data sets.
- an ability to write a range of documents tailored to meet audience needs.
- an ability to work collaboratively with other people, help build and sustain positive relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- knowledge of MS Excel (e.g. pivot tables, macros) and data manipulation techniques are desirable for some positions.
- tertiary qualifications in economics, corporate finance, law, public policy, engineering or related fields.
To find out more about us and the role, please read the Candidate Kit.How To Apply
You will be asked to respond to the statement of claims of no more than 800 words and submit your resume with key outcomes or what you are most proud of in each role you have held (2 pages maximum)Salary: APS5 - $83,320 to $88,348 per annum (plus 15.4% superannuation)
Contact Officer: Patrick Vagg, 03 9910 9530
Applications Close: 11:00 pm (AEDT), Sunday 26 November 2023
- Candidate Kit - APS5 - Data Analyst (multiple positions) - AER, Consumers, Policy & Markets Division (EA2023-359).docx