Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer you will play a key role within our Optum Ireland analytics team and will have the opportunity to work with healthcare data across many parts of our business giving a unique opportunity to generate insights across the entire lifecycle of a member.
- Design and build data pipelines (mostly in Spark) to process terabytes of data
- Help develop cutting edge AI analytics
- Design and build best in class processes to clean and standardize data.
- Work on Proof of Concepts for Big Data and Data Science
- Modelling of big volume datasets to maximize performance for our BI & Data Science Team
- Create real-time analytics pipelines using Kafka / Spark Streaming
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field/equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience accessing data from various data environments
- Previous experience with Relational Databases (RDBMS) & Non- Relational Databases
- Analytical and problem-solving experience applied to a Big Data environment and Distributed Processing.
- Experience working in projects with agile/scrum methodologies
- Exposure to DevOps methodology
- Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large environments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Experience applying computational algorithms, statistical and programming methods using (R and Python) to structured and unstructured data
- Exposure to one or more of the following technologies:
- Hive /HBase / Presto
- Jenkins / Travis
- Cloud technologies: Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: #RPO, Data Analytics, Data Science, Analyst, Analytics, Consulting, Consultant, Solution, Solutions, Strategy