Who are you?
We are looking for a person with a true desire to learn and the motivation to improve yourself and your skills every day. You love the idea of immersing yourself in data to drive meaningful insights and create jaw-dropping outcomes. You’ll need creativity to deliver those outcomes in meaningful, digestible forms.
Who we are
At the Data School, we don’t look at what’s on your CV or your experience. We want to create the next generation of first-class data analysts and data scientists. If you are passionate about data, we have the best way for you to get into a new career in data.
How does it work?
Successful applicants will be immersed in 4 months of intensive training using market-leading technologies – Tableau, PowerBI, SQL, and Alteryx.
In addition, you will hone all the soft skills needed to become an outstanding consultant.
The training is followed by four 6-month client engagements with Australia's leading organisations to give you real-world experience to kick-start your new career.
Do I get paid?
Yes. The Data School offers you a competitive salary while you gain valuable industry experience.
- $60,000 per annum that will increase in the second year
- 28-month, fixed-term contract to start your new career as a data consultant
- When you finish the contract, you can stay on as a consultant and continue to work on some fascinating projects or go it alone. Either way, we are here to help every step of the way. On completion, you will also become part of our Alumni network
- We’re sorry – we can’t sponsor you, so make sure you have full working rights
- Work from our office in the CBD
- For more information about us you can read here: https://www.thedataschool.com.au/school/
- Join Tableau - Join the community and download Tableau Public
- Find your data - Choose a dataset that you are passionate about; from politics to sport, TV and popular culture. You can find data on sites like Kaggle, Data.world, data.gov.au, or the Tableau resources page
- Create your Viz - Once you have your data set, you can begin creating your winning viz! Find insights and use interactivity to tell a compelling story
- Share it with us - Once your work is live on Tableau Public, send it to us using the application form on our website: https://www.thedataschool.com.au/apply/apply-now/
- The Interview - If you impress us with your passion, innovation and understanding of data, you will be invited to an interview
For all of our applications closing dates look here: https://www.thedataschool.com.au/apply/
- We are taking applications at all times. If you have an inquisitive nature, and a passion for getting to the truth by way of data, then we’d love to hear from you!