Performs tasks related to the design, implementation, support/maintenance, and enhancement of NU's enterprise, vendor and in-house developed applications. Documents functional requirements, analyzes requirements in the context of software and processes, develops and executes test plans, assists with and documents business process improvement efforts, and works with production issues. Completes content, process, and procedures for technical and functional system work that is low in complexity.
- Participates with senior analysts, end users and peers to ensure that user requirements are gathered, analyzed, all gaps are documented, and all deliverables completed (adhering to approved methodology and documentation standards).
- Participates with functional users and technical staff to determine best approaches, ensuring that approved solutions are implemented in a timely and correct fashion.
- Contributes to the creation of accurate documentation of process, procedure, and system/application configuration.
- Provides input into the creation and maintenance of test scripts, implementation project plans, roll out communications and training materials.
- Identifies simple use cases.
- Provides input into test scripts and performs detailed testing for simple use cases to ensure that the implemented software functions correctly.
- Participates in iterative feedback processes among users, developers, and analysts to ensure software functionality aligns with requirements.
- Enters basic software configurations to meet user needs.
- Collaborates with technical, reporting and application resources to analyze and resolve basic production issues in a timely manner.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- No experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- A master's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Two (2) years in data management or similar experience.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in managing large data sets.
- Experience creating study designs and set-up on a third-party software system, including creating user identifiers, passwords, and credentials, and setting up the study-specific assessment schedule.
- Experience extracting data from various systems and modifying it to create views that can be analyzed by the team statisticians and psychometricians.
- Contribute to writing analytic scripts for automated post-processing to be conducted on the third-party system. Compiles reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods.
- Create standard operating procedures and systems for monitoring the flow of data, ensuring that data are clean and properly documented.
- Prepare data sets for analysis and for archiving in response to internal and external requests, including documentation.
- Provide expertise in data management, quality assurance, analysis and reporting.
- Research and analyze information using multiple databases and creates reports of data and results.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Expertise in R and/or Python.
- Experience with SQL and/or C#.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Proficiency using GIT for code management.
- Strong programming skills.
- Knowledge of relational database design.