Do you love being a part of developing business operations and practices, and applying specific methods, models, and analysis to create something amazing? We are looking for a Data Scientist to help design, build, and maintain next generation analytics solutions. The focus of this position is in developing practical solutions that help our customers meet their objectives. With a knowledge of statistics modeling, solution techniques and tools, you'll be able to grow your technical skills while working on impactful and challenging analytics problems. If this sounds exciting to you, review the information below and apply today.
About the role:
- You will create proposals, statements of work, project logs and updates, and presentations in a clear and concise manner. Document project assumptions and approach track savings.
- You will identify data sources and prepare data (merging data from different sources, cleansing, manipulation, etc.).
- You will collaborate with Senior Data Scientists and engineers to decide on approach and design.
- You will independently document and implement analytical models to deliver actionable business insights and decision support.
- In this role you will prepare and deliver written non-technical reports and presentations to managers indicating solution or range of possible alternatives, solution pros and cons, and technical suggestions.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field, or Masters Degree plus two years of meaningful experience
- The ability to understand the uses and limitations of statistical methodologies such as time-series forecasting, regression analysis, random forests, k-means clustering and Bayesian methods, machine learning, and the ability to select the appropriate methodology to complete assignments
- The ability to learn and utilize statistical programming languages and tools such as R, SAS, Python SQL, SPSS, and Tableau
- The ability to effectively communicate technical information and concepts to non-technical audiences
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (2019 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.