Data Analyst to Alva Labs
Join our fast growing startup as the first data analyst and be part of defining how we work with analytics!
Alva Labs was founded in 2017 with the mission to make hiring better. Today, we help our customers to be more efficient and accurate in their hiring by offering psychometric tests. You can read more about our product on our website (https://www.alvalabs.io/about).
Over the four years since inception, Alva has grown from an idea in a basement to a company with more than 200 customers and 50 employees (representing over 15 different nationalities). This is the time to join us when we are transitioning to the next level.
You will be the first data analyst at Alva. Together with our CTO and the management team, you will be part of defining and prioritising KPIs across the company; from product usage to sales metrics. With our core metrics defined and prioritised, you will be part of making sure this data is available to the relevant people in a convenient way.Daily work could include, but is not limited to:
- Configuring new dashboards
- Analyse sales data - which customer segments do we have most success in?
- Together with the Product team, define metrics such as ‘what is an active user?’.
- Decide what events we need to track in the product to effectively measure success of a new feature
- Implement cleaning algorithms to improve data quality
- Building a Slackbot to send metric updates
We do have a very friendly engineering team to help out, and this is not a software engineering role so we don’t expect you to build data pipelines on your own (if you don’t want to).
Over the coming years, our analytics team will grow significantly. Being the first data analyst at this point will give you a lot of freedom and opportunity to grow, as well as setting the foundation for our analytics stack.
We think you are nerdy, friendly and ambitious. Nerdy in the sense that you want to go deep into the problems you work on and study every last detail. Friendly in the sense that you want to collaborate with other team members and prioritises the output of the team over individual performance. Ambitious in the sense that you always strive for high quality in everything you do.
To succeed in this role, we believe there are three key skills:
We believe that you have a background working as a data/business analyst, data scientist, programmer or similar adjacent role, but we don’t have any formal qualifications for you to apply. More importantly, you have a strong interest in the field.
Our internal language is English, Swedish is not a requirement for this position.
What’s our stack?
- We host our product on Google Cloud Platform and use a plethora of their different products. Most relevant from an analytics perspective is that we use BigQuery (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery) as our data warehouse. For some usage metrics in the product, we query a Postgres read replica (https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/postgres/replication) of our main production database.
- We are hosting company dashboards in Klipfolio (https://www.klipfolio.com/).
- Slack is at the center of our work. For example, we push our most important usage to metrics to slack every day.
Why you should join our team
- We are working on a complicated and important problem for our customers.
- You will join an ambitious team, that’s still in the early days with great opportunities to grow.
- Flexible work-life. You decide where you work from (but most of us are based in Stockholm).
- You will get 7 weeks of vacation, an on-market salary, a generous preventive care benefit and a few other perks. You can read all about our benefits here (https://www.notion.so/alvalabs/Benefits-1abeeb8de8004f6ab915f2fced70f057).
- You will join a value-driven company - read about our values here (https://www.notion.so/alvalabs/Alva-Values-630a69c6c72642f2b1caab5dab55b953).
You apply to the position by filling out the form on this page. In the application form, you are asked to include:
After that, the process consists of four steps:
- 2-3 sentences on the work you're most proud of
- 2-3 things you're currently learning
- A few sentences about how you think analytics should work in a 50 person startup
- Logic & Personality test
- Interview with our Head of People - Linnea
- Case exercise
- Interview with our CTO - Björn
As an optional step after the first interview, you will have the chance to talk to some team members at Alva to get a feeling of our company culture. If this is interesting to you, we will provide you with contact details after the interview.
Welcome to Alva!