DescriptionArcadis is looking for people with a passion to drive and execute Digital to the core of everything we do. We firmly believe in “Everything Digital, Digital Everything”. We are transforming, we are reimagining the industry and we are reimagining how communities and nations can help becoming more sustainable places to live for today and future generations.
Technology is the core and integral part of what we do, all the way for empowering Arcadians to harnessing power of data and AI/ML for sensors, IIOT and Advanced Drones, the technology teams are Dreaming Big and Delivering on future. As part of our Technology drive, we are looking for on-board talented and passionate people (Full Stack Engineers, Product Leaders, Cyber Experts, Data Buffs, Architects) across multiple locations including India, Romania, parts of Europe and North America.
As the Senior Manager of Data Engineering, you will be working with a full range of data technologies and architecture for a rapidly growing data services / platform on Microsoft Azure. You will be responsible for designing, building and operating the latest cloud-based data technologies from data ingestion to consumption. As part of a core data leadership team, you will provide deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data and analytics technologies. This position will both lead and work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to establish and maintain the enterprise data architecture, strategy and roadmap
- Design, develop, and test cloud solutions leveraging tools including Data Lakes, Data Cubes, and Data Warehouses.
- Lead design, development and maintenance of scalable data pipelines that will ingest, transform, and distribute numerous data streams for both machine learning applications as well as business reports (Oracle eBS / ERP and Oracle Analytics Cloud) using Power Build high-capacity data analytics systems using On Prem and cloud services for storing, collecting, and analyzing data.
- Design and implement the management, monitoring, security, and privacy of data using the full stack of Azure data services to satisfy business needs
- Ensuring non-functional system characteristics such as such as security, maintainability, quality, performance, and reliability are captured, prioritized, and incorporated into products.
- Developing reusable software components and systems based on requirements, architecture and design specifications and organizational policies and standards.
- Collaborating with other data engineers, scientists, software architects, software engineers, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build solutions that best fit the requirements.
- Leverage Agile, CI/CD and DevOps methodologies to deliver high quality product on-time Expose data to end users using Power BI, Azure API Apps or other modern visualization platforms like RStudio.
- Demonstrated experience building data lakes and data warehouses in Azure
- Experience with large scale data extract and data load using Microsoft SQL server and Azure.
- Understanding and experience developing reporting and analytics systems using ETL tools or business intelligence platforms such as MicroStrategy or other tools.
- Experience on the Databricks, HD Insight, Pig/Kafka/Hive/Spark, MangoDB, CosmosDB and SQL Data Warehouse
- Solid working experience in Azure, data lake, data factory, and Data bricks.
- Experience with cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data space (e.g. Azure ADLS, HD Insight, Databricks, etc.) and awareness of considerations for building scalable, distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of Python, R.
- Experience with BI and reporting tools like PowerBI and Tableau.
- Exposure to machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics,
- Experience with construction industry specific concepts like BIM and GIS.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities,
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment,
- Ability to independently solve problems and accomplish tasks in a logical, methodical, and time-efficient manner when given high-level tasks or objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline
- Minimum of seven 7 years of ETL experience in data acquisition, modeling, extraction, processing, transforming, and/or loading in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of five 5 years of experience in design and development of operational data stores, data warehouses, and/or data marts in a private, public, government or military environment
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Every day, our Environment, Water, and Infrastructure experts apply their strengths and collaborate across disciplines and geographies to create exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Members of the Arcadis Corporate Services teams, apply emerging technologies, foster innovation, and work collaboratively. We create solutions that enable Arcadians to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and achieve our client’s goals. We continuously develop our skills and capabilities with global learning opportunities and workshops. Join us and start improving quality of life for clients and communities across North America today!
EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.