The Lazada Business Risk & Security organization is responsible for protecting the eCommerce activities of over 560 million consumers, more than 155,000 sellers, and the 3,000 brands on Lazada's growing ecosystem. To provide a sustainable and healthy platform for all parties, we're increasing our investment in business security and significantly expanding our team – this is a chance to be part of and shape the future of a strategic group within Lazada.
We are looking for a data scientist to join our Seller Antifraud team to tackle challenging problems related to risk management and fraud prevention. You will work alongside various teams to understand their different strategies and requirements and drive the core algorithms for business success.
The ideal candidate will be very hands-on and will dive deep into the root causes of any issues and blockers. You will be responsible for building models and delivering results in the risk domain that you will be assigned to. At your level, you will be partnering and collaborating with PICs across functions to lead specific projects.
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of our seller's lifecycle to build an end-to-end machine learning or statistical models in the areas related to seller risks such as seller registration, order fulfillment, and etc.
- Continually improving current seller risk models to adapt to evolving business requirements and to maintain model performances
- Analyze big datasets and to work with risk team members to build an automatic anomaly detection
- Conduct segmentation analysis, and other statistics and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems or risk preventions
- Regular communications across teams/functions and updates to relevant stakeholders on the progress of the project.
Job RequirementsTo succeed in the role, you should have:
- Master's degree or above in Math, Statistics, Computer science or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience in applying analytical modeling to solve business problems
- Have a solid theoretical foundation and relevant work experience in one or more of the following fields: data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing, machine learning.
- Practical experiences in popular machine learning framework, for example, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pytorch
- Proficient in at least one programming language; Proficient in using SQL, R, Python, and other tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience in the Risk, Fraud, or Trust Safety domain is a plus
- Experience in any transfer learning, reinforcement learning, interpretable ML, active learning, meta-learning is a plus.
- Singapore citizens preferred.
The Lazada Business Risk & Security organization is responsible for protecting the eCommerce activities of over 560 million consumers, more than 155,000 sellers, and the 3,000 brands on Lazada's growing ecosystem. To provide a sustai