Clinical Data Scientist (Remote)
At Dascena, we are applying cutting edge machine learning techniques in order to help save lives. We have partnered with hospitals across the country in order to deploy predictive machine learning technologies that assist clinicians in providing the best care to their patients.
As a Clinical Data Scientist at Dascena, you will be part of a small, focused team of data scientists, scientific writers, and data engineers that manage Dascena’s research arm. From writing and publishing research papers to developing grants for government funding, you will help drive the industry forward with your research.
If you have a passion for working on large datasets, doing in-depth research, learning and implementing the newest techniques, and brainstorming the next best idea, then please apply today!
- Carry out exploratory data analyses to understand complex datasets and complex problems
- Design and implement statistical experiments to test and validate hypotheses
- Deploy and iterate machine learning models on large datasets
- Communicate design and impact of data science projects in research papers and research grants
- Learn new techniques in the worlds of machine learning and deep learning and put them into practice to develop novel approaches in the domain of health
- Collaborate with the engineering team to drive cross-product data projects
- Mentor and recruit data science interns to train the next generation of health analysts!
- Bachelor or graduate degree in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Data Science related jobs
- Strong Python skills, and fluency with the numeric and scientific libraries in the Python ecosystem
- Experience applying machine learning/deep learning techniques to large datasets
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Experience working with clinical data in a machine learning setting is a plus
- Experience with iterative, test-driven development and championing projects, from development to finished product
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Flexible hours and PTO
- Remote work
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To build a diverse workforce, Dascena encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Dascena is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.