777 Partners is a Miami-based investment firm focused on a broad spectrum of financial services businesses across insurance, lending, specialty finance, and financial technology. Operating in attractive markets and often times esoteric asset classes, 777 seeks to make control investments across the business life cycle in companies with scalable profiles and ambitious management teams. For more information on 777 Partners, visit www.777part.com.
The Senior Data Scientist is an opportunity for an experienced data scientist to apply advanced modeling skills to support the rapid growing analytic functionality for all 777 Partner businesses. This role requires strong sense in data, statistics, modeling, development, and performance governance. Strong communication skill is also required to receive key business needs from and deliver modeling insights back to business owners.
Honesty, integrity and work ethic are at the core of our team's culture. The successful candidate will be confident and inquisitive. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a familiarity and comfort being an independent contributor: evaluating, analyzing and modeling hazard and economic risks for our portfolios. Data scientists on this team specialize in an industry, but actively share best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Real Estate stakeholders to develop and maintain and machine learning solutions and reporting solutions offering users drill through capabilities
- Extending company's data with third-party real-estate resources when needed
- Selecting housing and environmental features, building and optimizing models using machine learning techniques
- Collaborate with data and software engineering team in creating automated model governance and performance verification processes
- Understand model limitations and propose and justify possible improvement
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Provide mentorship to junior data scientists in aspects of machine learning, data and software engineering, and assist them with practical guidance, when needed
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques, feature engineering, and algorithms with ability to learn new techniques and algorithms quickly
- Experience with systems-level data science toolkits (scikit-learn, R, Spark, or ElasticSearch)
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Kibana, ggplot, matplotlib)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Mastery of applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Familiar with version control systems (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Familiar with Agile Development, or CI/CD
- Great communication skills
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's or Bachelor's in Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or Industrial Engineering preferred; can be offset with 5+ years of relevant experience in Data Science or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in a data science capacity
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
777 Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the bases of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.