- Utilise your skills in data analytic and insights to drive the progress of complex investigations
- Salary from $83,056 to $120,000 (depending on experience) + 15.4% superannuation
- Flexible location, Sydney or Melbourne
- 18-month opportunity
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Financial Services Enforcement investigates suspected misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of financial services laws and credit laws. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action to cancel Australian financial services and Australian credit licenses and ban persons from engaging in financial services and credit activity.
As a Data Analyst, you will be required to contribute to large and complex investigations into suspected misconduct in the financial services sector using data analytics. You will be required to
- Search, manage and analyse large volumes of data and evidence using a range of technology platforms
- Work collaboratively with enforcement teams and stakeholders to provide advice around the management and analysis of data
- Present and communicate results and insights to assist in progressing investigations
- Provide innovative analytics solutions to increase the speed and efficiency of investigations
- Provide support to team members to improve their data and technology capability
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts in a range of ways
- A collaborative approach to problem solving
- The application of data analytics to business problems
- Presenting data and making recommendations based on data insights
- Data visualization
- Data sourcing, cleansing, manipulation and management
- Experience using programming and query languages
- Advanced excel skills
- A degree IT, Commerce or a related discipline
Working knowledge of evidence management systems such as Ringtail, along with experience in investigations will also be highly regarded.
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on Tuesday 6 April 2021.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.This work is directed to one principal aim:
to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.