The Podcast & Original Content Analytics team within Accounting provides data insights, automation solutions, and ad-hoc reporting to teams within Accounting & Finance. We also facilitate technical implementations by communicating technical business requirements and validating proposed solutions.
What You'll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team of data analysts, engineers, and accountants to develop and maintain systems and processes to support financial reporting
- Gain and deploy a deep understanding of ad impression datasets supporting operational and strategic initiatives as they relate to Finance & Accounting
- Partner with engineering in gathering requirements, validating outputs, and deploying datasets sourced from SaaS systems
- Work with large data sets, solving complex problems in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Evaluate and provide insights regarding the consumption of Podcasts and other Original or Exclusive Content
- Drive process efficiencies through automation and delivery of data pipelines to enable self-service reporting and analytics
- Support accounting through the technical operations of month end close
- Work in an environment with a group of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about Spotify’s success
Who You Are
- You have a passion for solving complex problems through data analysis combined with a strong business and financial skill
- You have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams to understand problems and articulate proposed solutions
- You can formulate meaningful conclusions from your analysis that inform strategic business decisions
- You have experience performing testing and validation over systems, datasets, and process changes prior to implementation
- You have worked in data analytics for a minimum of 4+ years with relevant experience in accounting and financial data analysis
- You have a degree in information systems, computer science, economics, mathematics, statistics, or another quantitative field
- You have experience performing analysis over large and complex data sets. Required knowledge: SQL and Python; additionally recommended skills include other analytic tools (e.g. Pandas, R, BigQuery) and visualization packages (e.g. Tableau, Plotly)
Where You'll Be
- Hybrid role based in our New York offices (2 to 3 days a week required)
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For NYC, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties.For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.