Kemper has an immediate need for a Data Scientist in our corporate headquarters location in Chicago, IL. You will work as part of a team to build predictive models designed to support the Kemper organization in areas such as risk selection, customer segmentation and lifetime value, insurance pricing, operational efficiency, and fraud detection.
- Developing and automating predictive modeling processes that can be deployed through the organization to solve reoccurring analytics needs (ex: state specific implementations).
- Contributing to the improvement of internal modeling capabilities and data infrastructure by suggesting and applying tweaks to existing processes.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field preferred: Mathematics, Statistics, CS, Physics etc.
- Some prior work experience in a data science/ predictive analytics environment preferred.
- Good generic communication skills and ability to communicate technical findings to peer group.
- Proficiency and experience with several modeling techniques such as generalized linear models, decision trees, ensemble learning, regularized models (ridge/lasso/nets), clustering or neural networks.
- Solid coding skills and proficient with at least one programming language (C++, Java, Python etc.)
- Ability to work with various data formats – from delimited text files to ODBC connections and relational databases.
- Strong skills with SAS or R, including an understanding of each tools comparative strengths
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $11 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in auto, home, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) and Infinity Property & Casualty is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper companies service seven million policies and rank among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
- Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
-MO -CB -ZR -GD -IN -MSJ -PT
-MO -CB -ZR -GD -IN -MSJ -PT