Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 154 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 82 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 500 aircraft.
From negotiating airport contracts to optimising Ryanair's routes and flight schedule, our Commercial department is at the forefront of everything we do as an airline. Working in the Commercial department, no two days are the same and the decisions that you make impact the day to day running of the airline. This position will be based at Ryanair’s Head Office in Airside Business Park in Swords.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Data Analyst to join our Commercial department. We are looking for an analytically minded and commercially astute individual who will contribute to department strategy by doing analytical work, participate in company-wide collaborations and supporting the Yield team with the right insights.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Analytics, you will:
- Identify opportunities for improvements of standard business reporting
- Analyse business performance by applying, developing and/or reviewing models regarding load factor and financial yield data
- Partner with Data Scientists from Ryanair Labs to improve solution architectures and business objectives understanding
- Executing on an Analytical Roadmap from the Business side
- Partner with other teams from Commercial department to improve scheduling and route development
- Experience with various statistical analysis/data visualisation packages such as SAS, Tableau, PowerBI and modelling experience in R/Python
- Some experience with SQL querying and cloud environments e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with AirRM database is an advantage
- Experience with translating business requirements into analytical problems by prototyping actual solutions and architectures
- A degree (Master’s preferred) in one or more of Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Sciences, Finance, Economics, or related fields
This is a great position for a data analyst transitioning to the business side. Another ideal profile would be a business analyst with technical aptitude. Proven interest/experience in Aviation will be an advantage.