- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of software development experience, with background in design patterns and data structures
- Proficiency developing production-quality software in languages such as C++, Python, or Java
- Expertise in machine learning toolchains and techniques, such as TensorFlow or MxNet.
- 2+ years experience building workflows involving large dataset and/or machine learning models in production using distributed computing and big data processing concepts and technologies.
- Experience with designing, building, deploying and maintaining scalable and highly available systems
- Proficiency with professional software engineering practices & standard practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Are you excited about building Robotics AI technology that works seamlessly with and around people? The Robotics AI team at Amazon is building high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn and act intelligently alongside humans, at Amazon scale.
To this end, we are seeking an experienced Machine Learning Engineer who works on the edge between Engineering and Science. You will be working alongside Engineers and Scientists to bring Computer Vision innovations to Fulfillment Centers. You will bridge the gap between Science and Engineering and bring the latest algorithms into our production systems. We are seeking broad, curious engineers to join our diverse, full-stack team. In addition to holistically designing, building, and delivering end-to-end Computer Vision systems, our team is responsible for the core infrastructure and tools that serve as the backbone of our applications, enabling roboticists, machine learning scientists, and software engineers to collaborate and deploy systems in the lab and in the field. Our work spans real-time software, machine learning engineering, big data, scalable infrastructure software, and more.Work includes:
- Participate in all phases of new developments including concept, design, architecting, prototyping, and production
- Work closely with Scientists and Engineers to bring machine learning models into production systems
- Implementation, performance optimization and maintenance of software
- Contribute to software design reviews, architecture reviews, and team best practices
- Master’s or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong background and experience in the field of Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and related technologies such as aggregating/transforming data, exploring/manipulating data, building & validating models, creating training & inference pipelines/workflows and deploying at scale
- Previous experience on developing AI models in real-world environments, MLOps, and integrating AI/ML, and other services, into large-scale production applications
- Proficiency in Python programming language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams