As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform data into tangible business value by turning data into information, and information into insights.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This Data Scientist role with IBM Finance is focused on the design, development, and implementation of supervised and unsupervised learning models to provide financial insights that enhance IBM’s business results. Responsibilities include data collection, exploratory data analysis, model selection/testing/validation, fact-based quantitative analysis, systematic model explainability, model interpretation in business terms, and communication of findings to business leaders. The Data Scientist will collaborate with other data scientists, data engineers, and business stakeholders to develop and deploy production-ready machine learning models, as well as manage the model pipeline and perform change management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
- High level of aptitude in Python
- Experience with Python libraries used by data scientists (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.)
- Experience and coursework in machine learning, natural language processing, and deep learning, as well as unsupervised learning methods
- Statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) and programming languages (e.g. Python and R)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience building end-to-end data pipelines and deploying in the Cloud
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Experience in Agile development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- MS degree in Data Science or related quantitative Field or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and/or coursework in Deep Learning
- Proficiency with other programming languages such as R and SQL
- Professional experience with Big Data (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience working with Financial data
- Understanding of common Finance concepts
- Hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
- Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes
- Experience with data visualization tools
About Business UnitThe IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.