- Technology start-up with funding
- Work with exciting Mobile and Web tech
- Join us in Sydney to disrupt the most important industry in logistics: trucking
At Ofload we are a disruptor that strives to eliminate waste in the trucking industry. We do this by enabling trucking operators to drive full more often, eliminate time spent waiting around for loads, and empower the small trucking companies of the world. We have a continuously improving and supportive culture that focuses on bringing value to our customers.
At the core of this complex logistics business is the data. We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist to work across our tech, pricing and logistics teams to build useful models and be part of the initial team to better define how we view, collect, deal with and use data. If you are passionate about your craft, push to continuously improve prediction accuracies and data quality and work with systems that drive our economy, Ofload will be the right place for you!
This position has flexible working options and can be a combination of office and home.
- Work on projects across the business, initially focused on pricing and matching.
- Work with the team to better define how we view, collect, deal with and use data.
- Proactively developing analytical solutions for data related issues based on identified problems and/or inefficiencies.
- Comfortable utilising the wide variety of analytical tools in your toolkit, including experimental design, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, machine learning techniques, and data visualisation.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with both tech and business colleagues.
- Fulfilling ad-hoc data and analytics requirements for stakeholders.
Required (if you meet most, but not all of these, we encourage you to apply!)
- 2-3 years hands-on experience as a data analyst / scientist
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Statistics/Mathematics.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of end-to-end data science projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL, Python and/or R, and familiarity with contemporary data science libraries
- Broad knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling and forecasting techniques, and comfort with complex logic
- Self-driven and capable of dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Bonus (but not required)
- Experience in any of logistics, pricing, operations research, optimisation
- Experience with Data Lakes, Data Warehousing and ETL
- Experience in data visualisation or business intelligence tools
We look forward to hearing from you!