We are a technology led hedge fund looking to hire a qualified Data Engineer. We are passionate about collecting, cleaning, transforming, and storing data to feed our trading strategies. Our data driven trading models utilize a variety of open-source technologies and multiple data sources, from vendor APIs to our fleet of web crawlers running 24/7, to make trading decisions in the global markets.
Partnering with the investment team and data scientists, you will develop solutions that enable the investment team to efficiently extract insights from data. This includes owning the ingestion (web scrapes, S3/FTP sync, API collection), transforming it into actionable insights (Spark, SQL, Kafka, Python), storing it, and designing their interfaces (APIs). The successful Data Engineer will have a passion for working with data and developing software to solve data processing challenges. The ideal candidate will be a mid-level to senior professional.
JOB DESCRIPTION : DATA ENGINEER – FULL TIME
- Design and implement scalable ETL solutions (structured and unstructured; batch and streaming).
- Building data pipelines, standardizing, and cleansing data for the investment team
- Define and set best practice standards surrounding data (i.e., data modeling, database design, ETL design, job scheduling and monitoring, etc.)
- Bachelor’s in a technology related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required; Master’s or PhD degree would be ideal
- Proficiency in Relational database engineering and NoSQL database engineering is required
- Proficiency in AWS services; Preferably AWS certified
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using open source technologies, such as Spark, Dask, or Hadoop
- Experience with any of the following systems/tools is a plus: Apache Airflow, Jupyter, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps; CI/CD
- Strong general programming background with experience coding in Python and/or Java
- Familiarity with the mechanics of securities markets and exchanges is a plus but not required
- Be able to succinctly present recommendations at an executive level
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Location : Vienna, Austria
- Start date : flexible
- Wage: competitive
Minimum annual gross salary: 40000 EUR