Insurance is broken, outdated, and does not meet the needs of today's modern economy. Customers pay fixed premiums that are not directly related to how often an asset is used or by an individual users risk profile. If you want insurance to work for today's modern economy, you need to break things up into episodes.
At Lula, we’re building the future of insurance by creating the technological infrastructure (APIs) to change the way companies purchase and manage insurance. Our technology allows companies to insure assets by individual episodes, analyze risk profiles by more than 70+ risk metrics, and manage claims and policies.
We're looking for a Staff Data Engineer to help us re-imagine and disrupt how data is used in insurance.
- Designing and building LULA's Data Platform used by insurance and product teams
- Build data pipelines that are reliable, efficient, testable, & maintainable
- Design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product requirements
- Understand and influence logging to support our data flow, architecting logging best practices where needed
- At least 8 years of experience in data engineering
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architecture, and data sets
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 14 vacation days
- 10 sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- Bi-annual team retreats