Senior Data Engineer - CRM
THE ROLE & THE TEAM
Zalando's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) department is at the forefront of innovation, dedicated to building and maintaining our in-house CRM Platform. This platform is designed to enhance the meaning, relevancy, and engagement of our customers' journey across various communication channels..
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be a key player in expanding and maintaining our diverse portfolio of services. Your expertise will not only contribute to the ongoing success of our internally crafted systems but also play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic evolution of our platform.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you’re great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy https //corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups https //corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupsWHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF YOU
- You will ship consistently working, testable, maintainable, readable code/data to production in small and safe iterations. The solutions are performant, scalable and fulfill the set SLOs of the product.
- You will develop, monitor, and operate data integration pipelines, deployed as applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS/GCP), processing hundreds of millions of records to provide high-quality datasets for production, analytical and machine learning use-cases (i.e. customer-level KPI reporting, automation around A/B testing and other causal inference methods, algorithmic message steering).
- You will mentor team members and enable them to drive their development goals.
- You will take on the challenge of scaling the systems to process millions of events and requests per day.
- You will actively shape the architecture of the Communication Platform and ensure sustainability.
- You will make a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team
- .. have professional development experience with Scala, Python and Java coding
- .. are passionate to write high quality and tested code with proper coverage.
- .. have data engineering and integration experience to utilize multiple data sources for production and reporting systems.
- .. have solid experience with data engineering technologies such as Spark, Apache Flink, Presto(Trino)..
- .. built up solid knowledge of relational databases, data modeling and solid experience in doing data analysis with SQL.
- .. became familiar with DevOps practices and technologies (Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, as well as CI/CD) with keen attention to meaningful logging, monitoring and overall operational excellence.
- .. are able to collaborate closely with product management with attention to shaping a great customer experience.
- .. carry a mentorship mindset to support team members in their development journey.
- .. own good verbal and written communication skills in English and able to present the thoughts in a clear and structured manner.
- .. gained knowledge about Spring Boot Microservices, PostgreSQL, processing requests and messages on a high scale would be a plus.
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance available - subject to prior agreement
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents’ forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counseling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It’s the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 25 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 50 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values https //jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy https //corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.