We invite you to join Vodafone to build a future together, in a position where you can learn new things every day and have contact with the different business units of the Company, as well as related institutions.
The role of Senior Data Scientist has the following responsibilities:
- Work cross functionally to translate business issues (acquisition, loyalty, customer experience, cross sell, churn) into potential analytics solutions.
- Design development testing of analytic models to industrialize insight into operations to solve real business problems.
- Assist the rest of Data Scientists colleagues through steering and coaching.
- Govern the technical and methodology approach in the models deployment.
- Partner with IT BI and analytics teams to agree on pragmatic means of data provision to support use cases.
- Deliver key projects on time and in a collaborative manner to meet the needs of internal business customers.
What you bring:
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent.
- +5 years working experience in big data using inferential statistics and machine learning techniques.
- At least 3 years experience building predictive models applied to marketing campaigns.
- Highly proficient in statistical packages and machine learning libraries (Python, R, Spark, SAS).
- Strong experience tackling real business problems (customer segmentation, churn reduction, sell propensity, adquisition probability, etc.) with machine learning techniques (clustering, regression, classification)
- Proven experience turning complex data sets into strategic insights for the business.
- Strong communication skills with prior experience communicating analytics results to senior management.
- Hands-on experience querying and transforming data with a wide range of data bases (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySql, etc.)
- Proficiency level in English (written and spoken).
- Experience in telco industry.
- Master in Big Data.
- Experience working with agile methodology.
- Experience working with unstructured data (text tweets images video)
- Experience using data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, business Objects, Click)
- Process and/or Project management certification (Prince 2 PMP Lean Six Sigma etc)
At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change. We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political beliefs.