- Category: Research and Sciences
- Location: Cheltenham - GLS, United Kingdom
- Citizenship Required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Developed Vetting (DV)
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Occasional/Part-Time Teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you an experienced Data Science who wants to join a leading Data Science team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?Due to the success of a number of strategic Gloucestershire based programmes, we are growing our Data Science team with creative and ambitious Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers. With a primary focus on applying data science and machine learning to deliver digital transformation for our customers, your experience will cover different machine learning and data science technologies within an agile environment.
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented data scientists to join our team. We want you to help us apply data science and machine learning to transform the way our customers do business. We want to apply the latest developments in data science and machine learning, and to take technical risks – if the potential payoff is transformative. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.You will be helping us to solve our customer's problems within an agile team. You will have opportunities across a range of data science and machine learning projects: from R&D to large-scale production deployment; from forecasting and decision trees to the latest developments in deep learning. As a Lead Data Scientist you will have had responsibility for the design and delivery of data science and machine learning projects; supporting business development; and working with customers.Key criteria required...
- Experience of technically leading the design and delivery of data science and machine learning solutions that transform ways of working and deliver measurable benefit
- Experience of taking a project from an initial concept through to deployment in a production system
- Experience of championing innovation in data science team and machine learning
- A deep technical background in machine learning and data science • Experience of using open source machine learning algorithms
- Experience of mentoring more junior colleagues
- Experience of modern software engineering practices, such as SCRUM/Agile, micro-services and containerisation (including Docker and Kubernetes) etc.
- An MSc or PhD in a numeric field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computing, …)
Also, we'd love it if you have experience of...
- Being a technical authority for data science and machine learning
- Delivering solutions based on deep learning
- Delivering solutions based on NLP
- Deploying machine learning to Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Adversarial learning • data engineering
- Supporting business development through contributions to customer proposals and R&D projects
- Line management You will enjoy a growing career as we work collaboratively to innovate the world of data science and machine learning.
Additional information for your consideration...You must be able to hold UK Government clearances Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.