Do work that matters
- You are an experienced Data Engineer who is passionate about data and the technologies
- We are high performing engineers pushing the boundaries of data engineering
- Together we will build state-of-the-art data platforms, using world-leading technology and innovation
Markets Operational Datastore(MODS) is a data platform that ingests data(structured and unstructured) from various internal and external systems and conformed to a data model that underpin Regulatory Reporting, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Quants and Trader Surveillance.
In your role as Data Engineer, you will be required to work with Markets Data Platform, Data Office and other platform stakeholders.What will set you up for success?
Roles And Responsibilities
- You’re passionate about building industry leading group data products
- You’re ready to execute state-of-the-art coding practices, driving high quality outcomes to solve core business objectives and minimise risks
- You’re capable of creating both technology blueprints and engineering roadmaps
- You feel at home and can lead and drive a culture where quality, excellence and openness are championed
- You’re constantly thinking outside the box and breaking boundaries to solve complex data problems
- Problem solving – advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to analyse complex information for key insights and present as meaningful information to senior management
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to lead discussions with a varied stakeholder across levels
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- 2+ years of Financial Services Business Analysis experience.
- 2+ years of experience in building Data Warehouse, Data Lake and Data Lakehouse using Ab Initio including Express>It, Control Centre, Metadata Hub, Query>It and other products.
- Experience with Batch and Streaming based integrations.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. TeamCity, Artifactory, Octopus, Jenkins, SonarQube etc.)
- A sound understanding of the trade lifecycle for major financial asset classes.
- Technical Business Analysis experience and hands on experience developing functional specs.
- Good understanding of Data Engineering principles including Data Modelling methodologies.
- Experience with Batch and Streaming based integration systems.
- Sound understanding of relational as well as NoSQL databases.
- To be a self-starter, be able to work autonomously.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Be business oriented, positive and resilient with a clear focus on results.
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/11/2023