About The Company
Craft is the leader in supplier intelligence, enabling enterprises to discover, evaluate and continuously monitor their suppliers at scale. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks real-time signals on millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains. Our proprietary analytics layer delivers proactive alerts and multi-dimensional risk lenses showing supply chain problem areas before they have impact. Our software-as-a-service workflows enable supply chain professionals to execute the critical steps they need in supplier management digitally inside the intuitive, easy to use platform. Craft’s open supplier profiles appear in over 100 million organic search results each month, driving over 2 million monthly active users on Craft’s website: craft.co, with zero marketing spend. Our customers include Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, SMEs, global service platforms, and others. We have distribution partnerships with some of the largest integrator and software platforms in the world.
We are a high-growth technology company, backed by top tier venture capital investors in Silicon Valley and Europe, including Greycroft, High Alpha, Uncork Capital, Sam Palmisano, Frederic Kerrest and others. The Craft team is headquartered in San Francisco with office hubs in Seattle and London. We fully support remote / hybrid, and have team members across the United States, Canada, and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building the future of Enterprise Intelligence to join our rapidly growing team.
A Note to Candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About The Role
Craft is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Data Engineer to join a team responsible for a key product within the organization. As a core member of this team you will have a great say in how solutions are engineered and delivered. Craft gives engineers a lot of responsibility, which is matched by our investment in their growth and development. We are growing quickly, and the only limits to your future growth with Craft are your interests and abilities.
In This Role You Will
- Build and optimize data pipelines (batch & streaming) for big data systems
- Extract, Analyze and Model rich & diverse data sets
- Apply data mining to techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarization to extract value from our data sets
- Design software that is easily testable and maintainable
- Ensure data analysis is in line with company policies and regulations
- Support Data Engineering Lead in setting Data Strategies and vision
- Keep track of emerging technologies & trends in the Data Engineering world, incorporating modern tooling and best practices at Craft
- Work on extendable data processing system that allows to add and scale pipelines with low-code approach
What We’re Looking For
- People that show curiosity through asking questions, digging into to new technologies, and always trying to grow.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Have fundamental and deep knowledge of data engineering techniques: ETL (Batch & Streaming), DWH, Data Lakes, MPP
- Data analytical and statistical background would be a large plus
Our current technology stack
- AWS Services: S3, Batch, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, Redshift, RDS / Aurora Postgres, DynamoDB
- Data Pipelines: Python, SQL, Pandas, Dask, aws-data-wrangler, Papermill, Airflow, Prefect
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded VC-backed startup
- 28 days of vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent covered health, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly stipend (food, gym/wellness membership or classes, cell phone, internet)
- High-end company laptop
- Workstation allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
- Collaborative, high-paced, supportive culture
- Option to work 100% remotely, at our London office, or a combination of the two