About the Job:
Fishtech is looking for a dedicated, creative, and experienced Data Engineer I to join the Engineering team. The candidate should have experience working efficiently on small teams, being flexible filling roles, and be familiar with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP). The primary function will be contributing directly to CYDERES data ingestion and alerting pipelines. We are looking for someone who embraces distributed programming concepts, has experience using git on a team, and has a practical understanding of machine learning concepts. Candidate should be detail-oriented, able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results and have a passion for delivering well-engineered and tested code. Candidate should also bring the right attitude to the team including accountability, ownership, and positivity. We embrace the fast-paced development field and are looking for like-minded individuals that have a passion for continual improvement, new languages/ideas, tinkering with new projects, and taking on complex problems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Work with team lead on system architecture and continuous improvements
- Help with initiatives for improving system reliability
- Contribute in team meetings and architecture discussions
- Participate in on-call rotation for outages pertaining to CYDERES ingestion pipelines
About the Company:
Fishtech Group is the #1 cloud native security-as-a-service solutions provider enabling secure and successful business transformation. Based in Kansas City, Fishtech Group includes the 24/7/365 cyber defense and response division CYDERES.
CYDERES is human-led, machine-driven Security-as-a-Service powered by our proprietary cloud native platform and Google Cloud Chronicle. CYDERES supplies the people, process, and technology to help organizations manage risk, detect threats, and respond to incidents in real time. Named Google Cloud Chronicle's Partner of the Year two years in a row, CYDERES is a Top 25 MSSP, advancing in 2021 to #21, eclipsing older and larger competitors.
CYDERES delivers real change in the information security industry and help customers solve for the fragmented security solution landscape and the industry-wide skills shortage.
CYDERES values a customer-first, raise-your-hand, and constant improvement approach every day.
- Experience in cloud based environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of GCP PubSub/Kafka/message queue systems
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Configuration management technologies (Terraform/Vagrant/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Elasticstack solutions (Logstash, Fluentd, Fluentbit, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Ability to quickly and effectively learn Golang
- Agile (SCRUM) methodology
- Knowledge of professional software engineering/best practices for software dev life cycle, including code standards, reviews, build processes, testing, and operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year working in the development field
- At least 1 year working with cloud technologies (AWS/GCP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If candidate is local to Kansas City, then this position is encouraged to primarily work on-site at our HQ to encourage collaboration. Some roles allow for remote candidates.