For this opportunity, Arup can support applicants in obtaining a Skilled Worker visa. Any offer we make will be conditional upon your visa application being approved.
Launch your career with Arup:
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today's built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of role:
At Arup, we design and deliver iconic projects through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
As Arup continues to focus on digital transformation, we seamlessly combine digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths to help solve complex problems more efficiently and offer new ways of working in this digital age.
We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering and environmental skills, as well as digital advisory services and digital services design and delivery.
We're looking for Data Scientists to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported and mentored in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You will be joining a technical delivery team with a varied and potentially challenging workload. You may be working on wide variety of projects of global, national and local importance. You will have the opportunity to develop your core data engineering skills and supporting skills including programming, data science and cloud architecture.
What are we looking for?
For this opportunity, we are seeking the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Analysis Services or equivalent)
- Experience using cloud-based services would be beneficial.
We would be looking for demonstration of skills matching at least some of those listed below, but not all.
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases (PostgreSQL/SQL Server/MongoDB)
- Cloud platforms such as Azure and Amazon Web Services.
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you:
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.
Complete the application form, attaching any required documents. We'll be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. You are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in advance of the application deadline. Our assessment centres for this opportunity will take place from December 2021.
Different people, shared values:
At Arup we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all backgrounds.
Arup is committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. We strongly encourage you to share any adjustments that will support your participation in our recruitment process. Please contact: email@example.com. At Arup, we appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply and we will discuss how this could work in your role.