When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Data Scientist in the Manufacturing Science & Technology group will report in the Manager, Manufacturing Science & Technology. This position is located in Cambridge, MA supporting the Viral Vector Service group.
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Sciences & Technology (MS&T) Data Scientist will be responsible for maintenance and control of data collection systems relating to process validation activities in support of process performance qualification and continuous process validation of processes in the cGMP manufacturing space.
What will you do?
- Participate in the investigation of basic and complex process events and anomaly investigations
- Develop automated predictive process monitoring tools and systems
- Data analysis vis “Standard” methods, e.g. Regression Analysis, Clustering Analysis, Dimensionality Reduction Analysis
- Perform Data mining, cleaning and data set prep in order to execute complex multivariate statistical analysis
- Develop and apply AI and machine Learning (ML) to applications of data mining, prescriptive analytics and process monitoring
- Works with operations technologies teams to support data collection, virtualization and integration.
- Assess, generate and provide technical input into process deviation, CAPAs and Change Controls
- Represent process validation during site tech transfer and GMP activities and participate on cross functional teams
- Keep current on regulatory and quality requirements and follow Environment, Health and Safety policies
How will you get here?
B.S. with 5+ years’ experience, or Master’s degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD with 0 – 2+ years’ experience or equivalent experience
- Experience in manipulating / managing complex data set
- Demonstrated understanding of data analysis via “standard methods”
- Experience performing Oracle an dSQL database querying/manipulation and Multi-Variant Analysis testing and optimization
- Experience with Discoverant Software a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of understanding of cGMP is desirable
- Scientific background with understanding of bio-pharmaceutical processes is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and to prioritize across multiple projects
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret complex scientific data
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.