Change your job, change your workplace, change your future...
Ricoh are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer (Analytics) based in Birmingham (or within travelling distance to Bimringham) to provide expertise in the design and delivery of data analysis and visualisation solutions within the specialism of Data and Analytics.
Ricoh transforms organisations, using innovative technologies and services enabling you as an individual to work smarter. This is what we call “empowering digital workplaces”.
In fact the entire Ricoh workforce enjoys our pioneering and innovative ways of working. We like to call it: imagine. change., it’s the ethos of our brand and how we drive positive change for ourselves and others. Our teams are embracing change, fostering new ways of working and we have never been more resolute in our mission - you work for us, and we`ll work for you.
What you will be doing
- Designs and architects small whole analytics solutions
- Designs and architects elements of larger data and analytics solutions.
- Provide expertise to interpret requirements and solution design to create, maintain, build and deploy effective data analytics solutions.
- Responsible for well tested, reliable and secure software development
- Creates and maintains best practice development standards.
- Manages and maintains solution source control.
- Performs peer reviews and provides constructive feedback to ensure best practice is maintained.
- Mentors and coaches analytics engineers and supports a cross functional data and analytics team.
- Ability to work accurately within time constraints and deliver solutions within the context of time, cost and quality
- Ability to apply structured problem techniques in the resolution of issues
- Supports delivery within an Agile Framework.
- Responsible for improving the teams velocity.
- Contributes to the refinement of a product / user story backlog.
You will ideally have
- Self-motivated – takes responsibility for both personal development and project activities.
- Team focused – a collaborative team member, contributing to the success of a team
- Creative and disciplined – solutions driven.
- Creative – thinks beyond what is stated or expected, applies structured problem techniques in the resolution of complex requirements.
- Excellent communication skills - a good listener, diplomacy.
- Organised and methodical – ability to work accurately under time constraints.
- Flexible – can adapt to a changing department, team and project environment.
- Consultancy services – to internal customers and external clients, by providing technical direction, guidance and solution design.
- Technical expert – providing expertise within data analytics including but not exclusive to: data analysis, data modelling, data quality, data visualisations, dashboarding, reporting, data insights.
- Expertise across one or many data and analytics frameworks
- Azure SQL DB
- Azure Analysis Services
In return for your commitment, you can expect
- A competitive salary package
- Industry leading benefits
- Hybrid Working
Ricoh is an exceptional place to work. A place where there is strong emphasis on career development for the right individuals. This is a role where you can excel within a fast-paced environment and succeed within a thriving organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where you can truly capitalise and build on your own experience.
Ready to make that change? Apply now for a confidential conversation with our Recruitment Team.
We are an equal opportunities employer
At Ricoh, we embrace and respect the collective and unique talents, experience, and perspectives of all people. Together we inspire remarkable innovation. That’s how we live the Ricoh Way.
Ricoh have removed the disclosure of convictions box from their application process (ban the box - http://www.bitc.org.uk/programmes/ban-box) offering equal opportunities to all.
For all roles, we will judge each individual on their skills and ability before taking into account their history. However some roles are subject to sensitive and restrictive information and, if successful, you may be required to undertake pre-employment vetting checks which include but are not limited to residency check, credit reference check, financial sanctions` check and a DBS Check. Further information on Employment Vetting can be accessed by contacting the Ricoh Recruitment Team.