WHO IS ECOFISH LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Aquatic Biologist/Data Analyst with a background that includes a focus on water quality to join our dynamic team! We will provide an opportunity to join a team of experienced and skilled professionals who thrive on innovation, collaboration, and integrity. While working alongside Ecofish experts in your field, we will support your career goals by providing great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
This role will be based in one of our eight office locations.
The environment needs our help, and we are up to the challenge. At Ecofish, we have made the environment our life’s work, as reflected by our mission: Creating and implementing innovative environmental designs and practices to create solutions that assist and support industry and government, deliver green, sustainable developments.
To achieve our mission, our team is the embodiment of our values:
- Science based: We characterize, hypothesize, predict and test – to be accurate and assure
- Ethical: We consistently meet or surpass environmental laws, regulations, and guidelines to minimize impacts on the environment.
- Ingenuity: We develop novel techniques to increase accuracy in assessing environmental impacts and create innovative solutions for our clients.
- Professional: We are competent, honest, ethical, reliable, and certified by accredited bodies.
Ecofish incorporates these values in all aspects of our work. Social responsibility is at the core of our mission. Internally and externally, we bring a strong willingness to be cooperative and supportive of our clients, employees, and suppliers.
WONDERING WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
Your role will require you to bring a high standard of scientific excellence to your daily work. These responsibilities will include:
- Manipulating large water quality datasets in R and Excel.
- Analyzing water quality data including plotting, guideline comparisons, and multivariate modelling.
- Technical report writing on water quality in relation to aquatic ecology and provincial and federal guidelines.
- Documenting these results in written reports and presenting the results to clients, regulators, Indigenous groups, and stakeholders.
- Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, collaborating with your colleagues to maximize work productivity and quality.
THE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant environmental science discipline.
- R.P.Bio., or relevant professional designation, or eligible
- 3+ years of technical experience, consulting experience is an asset
- Effective analytical and technical writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports and proposals.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic business with strict deadlines, budgets, and quality standards
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, excellence, and ethics
Applications will be accepted until the role is filled. Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.