Who We Are
Silver Factory Technology is a nanotechnology spin-off company from NTU, specializing in nanotechnology and ultrasensitive sensing platforms. Despite our young age, our company is ready to push the frontiers of sensing technology in food safety, gas-sensing and medical diagnostics. As our team at Silver Factory Technology continues to grow, we are looking for a Data Scientist to drive data-centric projects that support our product lines.
Our first product on the news (Source: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s social media, Minister Ong Ye Kung’s social media, Changi Airport)
Role and responsibilities:
- Performs chemometric/machine learning-based data analysis, specifically data clean-up, data processing, predictive modelling, statistical modelling and analysis, and multivariate data analysis on scientific data.
- Build, maintain and improve the predictive model for company product.
- Applies technical skills to plan and execute assigned project work including development of data pre-processing routines, data clean-up scripts, predictive analytics routines, data summaries, and data visualisations.
- Perform programming (Python mainly, and other languagues if applicable) tasks to streamline data processing process, and to integrate it with product software.
- Handle stake-holders to run data projects.
- Maintains operational capabilities of computational assets as needed by project requirements.
- Appropriately annotates project developed computer code/scripts with comments and through user guides/manuals.
- Presents technical results through the drafting of technical reports and presentation materials.
- Presents experimental results and recommended actions at internal project meetings.
- Work closely with software and hardware team to implement data code into products.
- Work closely with production team, R&D team, deployment team to troubleshoot data-related issues.
- Obtained or in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Physics, Math, Statistics, Engineering etc.). Possession of advanced degrees (MSc or PhD) is a bonus.
- At least 1 year of experience in python programming and related data analysis packages (numpy, scipy, pandas etc.). Knowledge of other programming languages is a bonus.
- 1-2 years of experience with complex chemometric analysis, with spectroscopic data from complex samples.
- Experience with building chemometric predictive model for the healthcare industry is an advantage.
- Experience with building chemometric predictive model with spectra from chemical/biological systems is a huge advantage.
- Working knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, applied statistics and mathematics.
- Detail oriented and meticulous.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with chemometrics, spectroscopy or other types of IoT data is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning and related tools is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and support co-workers in the execution of tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Fresh graduates and undergraduates with experience/training in data science projects are welcome to apply.
What We Offer
You will be working in a dynamic start-up environment and a diverse team in tackling challenging yet rewarding tasks. You will be working on one of the most exciting fields in sensing and nanotechnology. Your skillsets and knowledge obtained will be highly valuable in Industrial 4.0 era.