Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Link supports the life sciences industry by building connected data applications to improve research and patient outcomes. It helps professionals to find the right people for e.g. clinical trials, education programs, or advisory boards. This streamlined access helps to reduce the time-to-market of important drugs, conduct trials with the most relevant experts in the respective field, and spread information about new treatments to key people in the life science community. You can read more about Veeva Link on our product pages . As a Data Engineer Sourcing, you focus on building and maintaining data loading pipelines. You are in charge of developing solutions and implementing requirements for our product, to integrate data sources in a performant, scalable, and reliable way. You take responsibility for features and innovation using SOLID and clean software principles, take part in the architectural enhancement process and care for the quality of the outcome. Monitoring, metrics, and general observability are part of the feature design process.
What You'll Do
- Work on Veeva Link’s next-gen Data Platform
- Expand our data sourcing pipeline by integrating new data sources using scalable data loaders
- Ensure successful execution of data loaders
- Improve our current environment with features, refactoring, and innovation
- Expert skills in Python and solid knowledge of Java
- Good knowledge of technologies enabling modern data sourcing and processing pipelines (Delta Lake architecture, Glue, Athena or similar)
- Experience with Spark/Pyspark
- Experience with ETL tools (ingestion from multiple sources)
- Good English communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS ecosystem
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform or similar)
- Web scraping skills
#RemoteSpain Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world. Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.