Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company's flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We've created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine's Great Place to Work list. We're growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
At Malwarebytes, our data and business analytics needs are growing fast. We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated data analyst to drive analytical requirements for the Product team. As a data analyst, you will play a central role in Malwarebytes's data-driven decision-making processes. You will help drive product performance measurements, answer key product strategy questions, and create appropriate tracking that helps guide the executive team in making product decisions that increase business opportunities and growth.
We want an experienced analyst to help develop processes aimed at improving customer experience and unlocking new opportunities for our product developers. You are a full-stack data powerhouse who is experienced in driving product decisions throughout the product lifecycle using data and experimentation. You will join an experienced team of engineers, product managers, designers, and data analysts in bringing innovative products from idea to launch.
What You'll Do:
- Perform quality analysis on raw data and document any caveats and/or source quality issues.
- Interact with stakeholders in Product, and other organizations, to understand their business needs, compartmentalize requests, and formulate data-driven solutions.
- Produce insights (e.g., performance drivers, retention analysis, improvements to user experience, behavioral personas) to help grow our business. This requires acquiring, cleaning, structuring data from multiple sources and analyzing the data using SQL/Python/R.
- Define core metrics and develop automated dashboards to surface insights at scale.
- Evangelize insights through storytelling and create easy-to-consume media that inspires others (e.g., senior executives, product managers, fellow analysts, etc.) to action.
- Facilitate A/B experiments to successfully drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement.
- Build scalable data pipelines to support analytics needs.
- Drive the Product team's analytics roadmap and prioritize the most impactful projects.
- Work across teams that create data pipelines to define data requirements, ensuring proper dimensions and metrics are incorporated as needed.
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Mathematics (or similar).
- Advanced level of SQL skills with at least 1-3 years of advanced hands-on experience.
- Experience articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- 1-3 years of working experience with statistical packages in R or Python.
- Demonstrated work experience with at-least one BI tool (e.g., Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong passion for quality.
- A focus on impact: balance effort to value, and get things done.
- Curious, creative, and opinionated thinker with a talent for detecting patterns and elevating through strategy.
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner (PowerPoint skills is a plus).
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper analytical processes and procedures, independently derive conclusions and present results to the team.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Good storytelling with great data visualization and presentation skills.
- Experience with Python/R.
- Experience working in Tech companies or tech environment is highly desirable.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff