Job Number: R0184794
Data Engineer, SeniorThe Opportunity:
Do you want to work at the forefront of advanced technology and solve complex data challenges? You know that data yields pivotal insights when it’s gathered from disparate sources and organized. As a data engineer, you have the chance to develop and deploy the pipelines and platforms that make this data meaningful. What’s more, you’ll have the chance to grow Booz Allen’s DataOps and MLOps capabilities while working with a growing multi-disciplinary team of analysts and engineers.
As a big data engineer, you will be a foundational part of building Booz Allen’s internal cybersecurity and operations data lake. You will help architect and scale streaming data pipelines to consolidate, enrich, and optimize sensor, log, and telemetry data to create a modern data analytics platform. Help establish the strategy and practices used by other engineers and analysts to maintain and grow these exciting new capabilities. Work with us to use big data for good.
Join us. The world can’t wait.You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience with the entire ETL lifecycle, including data acquisition, data prep, or database architecture
- 3+ years of experience with implementing data pipelines using Spark or Databricks
- 3+ years of experience working with big data technologies and distributed computing processing
- 3+ years of experience with data engineering, developing with Python and SQL
- 3+ years of experience practicing software delivery lifecycle practices, including continuous integration, configuration management, unit testing, and Agile development
- 2+ years of experience working with and optimizing large-scale, 1+ TB per day streaming data pipelines
- HS diploma or GED
Create Your Career:
- 5+ years of experience with Python and SQL
- Experience in cybersecurity threat hunter or network and server operations
- Experience with data ingest and analytics tools, including Cribl, Splunk Enterprise, Service Now, SL1, New Relic, Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics, or Amazon Cloud Watch
- Ability to implement ITIL methodologies
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts
- Ability to communicate with multiple functional groups and leadership
- Ability to display a positive, can-do attitude to solve challenges and collaborate effectively
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.Compensation
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $73,100.00 to $166,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.Work Model
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.