The Data Scientist is part of the Human Resources Data Analtyics center of excellence, which is responsible for full spectrum of human resources analytics from data gathering, reporting and analysis to strategic and predictive analytics.
- Participate in the development and lead the execution of the data anatlytics strategy related to human capital.
- Execute on various aspects of the people analytics strategy related to turnover, recruiting, employee performance, compensation, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, HR operations, and employee engagement.
- Lead the effort to move from reporting and analysis to strategic and predictive analytics.
- Establish a methodology for prioritizing and excuting on data analytic projects
- Cooridinate with HR and Business partners on needs analysis, data collection, prioritization, training and support
- Coordinate with HRIS and technology partners on data mining and collection and utilizing Excel, Microstrategics and other tools for the analysis and presentation.
- Preparation and delivery of analysis and data visualizations that meet the needs of the customers as defined in the needs analysis
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Industrial Psychology or related field
- 5 + years practical experenience with data processing, programming and/or analytics
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior People Analytics experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Business acumen and business problem solving skills
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, R or other programs
- Strategic thinking skills – seeing the big picture, clarifying strategic objectives, identifying relations, patterns and trends, thinking creatively, analyzing information, and prioritizing actions
- Ability to understand various data structures and produce data visualizations
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skils
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.