Are you passionate about delivery quality services for the people of Scotland?
Do you have excellent communication skills with experience in team working?
Can you demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, while prioritising workloads to meet deadlines?
If the answers to the above are yes, then this exciting opportunity could be for you.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team and help us manage Scotland’s data. With opportunities across diverse datasets and opportunities to innovate and introduce new ideas to help deliver data products that impact and enrich the lives of the people of Scotland.
National Records of Scotland (NRS) is the Scottish nation's record keeper and official source of demographic statistics – information about population, households, migration, vital events, life expectancy and electoral statistics. DDaT Pay Supplement
This post attracts a £5,000 DDaT pay supplement. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review.Responsibilities
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
- Recognise opportunities to review and improve existing data pipelines
- Lead the build of new data pipeline systems, integrating related data related systems such as MoveIT
- Optimise code (e.g. SQL, R, Powershell) to ensure processes perform optimally
- Liaise with database administrators to engineer optimal solutions.
- Utilise data tools such as SQL Server, SSIS, to manage the storage and extract, transform and load processes for data, both in NRS managed datacentres as well as cloud-based systems (Azure etc).
- Understand, document, propose and implement data pipelines, ensuring the security, validity and timely transmission of data.
- Manage Data Analytical tools such as Azure Cognitive Tools, advising on their use and configuration, as well as day to day monitoring.
Data Integration design
Analysis and use of Evidence
Communications and EngagementEssential Criteria & Qualifications
There are no specific qualifications required for this role.Essential Criteria
Provisional Sift and Interview dates
- Able to demonstrate a wide range of Azure / T-SQL / SSIS / data Analytical skills and open source.
- Provide clear communications to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Investigate problems and opportunities in existing processes and create recommendations
- Collaborate with other Dba, Architecture and development teams in order to assure a stable database infrastructure.
To be confirmed Location
This post is usually based in Ladywell House, Ladywell Road, Edinburgh. However the business area will be relocating in May and is likely to be based in central Edinburgh. The post is offered on a Hybrid Working basis, working between home and one our Edinburgh offices until our new location has been identified.How To Apply
To apply please submit a CV outlining your relevant skills and experience for the role (no more than 2 sides of A4) and a personal statement (of no more than 750 words). When considering how your experience relates to the role, please tailor your CV and personal statement to reflect the role and the essential skills/criteria as described in the job description/person specification. Please submit your CV and complete the personal statement in the box included. Further Information
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Alex McCall who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org