We’re a passionate team of innovators who want to see small businesses win. Nuula is a mobile application that gives small business owners instant access to critical business metrics anytime, anywhere. It allows real-time monitoring of cash flow, personal and business credit activity, and social ratings and reviews. Small business owners know immediately if there’s an issue with their cash, credit, or reputation that requires action. With Nuula, the things that matter most to a small business’s success are always at their fingertips. Sound interesting? We’re hiring for a ML Engineer who can help us build the future.
Mission: We believe there’s a better, simpler way to manage small businesses — so we’re building it. We believe small businesses are the cornerstone of our economies, our communities, and our society. Small business owners bring passion to their work 24/7. So do we, every day.
We believe that we are stronger together. We value diversity of all types. Our team is made up of smart, collaborative, and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. The blending of these different perspectives, experiences and insights is what helps us build truly breakthrough products.
As an ML Engineer in the Machine Learning team, you will be part of a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Applied Scientists and Data engineers. You will collaborate in real-time to solve complex design, product, and technology problems, all with a view to delivering an elegant and seamless experience for our customers.
This position is not level specific. We are hiring across all levels and the leveling will be determined during the interview process.
- Build distributed machine learning systems that can support large number of end users
- Scale existing cloud deployments and pipelines to meet ever growing needs
- Conduct end-to-end machine learning systems design, development, deployment and monitoring
- Implement research outputs into efficient, scalable, production quality code
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field, or an equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working with applied machine learning or software engineering
- Experience building ML systems on cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Ability to write clean and efficient code in Python
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with cloud database solutions (relational and non-relational)
- Basic understanding of ML algorithms
- Experience working with ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow and scikit-learn
- Experience with large-scale data pipelines
- Experience with virtualization such as Docker
- Familiarity with agile tooling to efficiently build as a team: Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
What We Offer
- Be part of a collaborative, progressive and high-performing team, building revolutionary products that matter.
- Generous benefits, including a company match RRSP program.
- Continued professional development opportunities through programs such as Six Sigma.
- A modern workspace centrally located in Toronto’s thriving downtown core, easily accessed by transit and a few minutes’ walk from Union Station.
- Flexible time-off options