The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
As a member of the Data Science team, you will develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to understand data patterns and relationships and prescribe actions and options. We are looking for a sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individual who has a passion for playing with data, in all its forms including data mining, mathematical modeling and expert systems. We are building a unique technology platform dedicated to the real-time discovery and manipulation of data; this is your chance to be a critical part of that data research team. More formally, AspenTech is looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing Asset Performance Management team, building the next generation predictive analytics solution for IoT and asset optimization.
- Design, develop, maintain, and support new and existing engineering software applications with deep understanding of statistics and machine learning, advanced computing, probabilistic modeling.
- Provide technical support to product management, product marketing, services, customer and business support on customer activities.
- Provide creative solutions when dealing with technology challenges.
- Keep current with new and developing software technologies and assist in prototyping and determining the feasibility of implementing new technologies.
- Build and verify mathematical models and automated machine learning tools to analyze and optimize all aspects of our system, providing actionable insights in real time.
- Execute product specification, system design, development and system integration.
- Understanding of SDLC and the ability to adhere to software development standards to release products on time; this includes processes such as issue tracking, source code control, coding conventions.
What You'll Need
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical major.
- Certificates from online educational programs and/or Udacity/Coursera/etc and the participation in Kaggle are welcome.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Experience with machine learning applications. Understanding of time series analysis is required.
- Practical experience and excellent programming skills with one or more of the following: Python, C/C++, Cython; using Scikit, Pandas, Boost, STL.
- Linux knowledge, development of microservices is a plus.
- Cloud development familiarity.
- Good understanding of probabilistic modeling.
- Practical experience with data science algorithms and distributed computing. Knowledge of deep learning is a huge plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner using effective visualizations.
- English fluency (written and verbal) required.